Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Big 2-9!

Yesterday was my 29th Birthday and boy am I feeling a year older today! We had quite the busy birthday! We played all day! (Even though they sang me Happy Birthday, I'm pretty sure the kids thought it was their big day! :-)

It was 90 degrees so we decided to go to the splash park for a picnic. Unfortunately the city hasn't turned the water on yet, but we still played on the toys and ate lunch. Poor Tanner was pooped!



Aaron came home from work early and we went out to dinner and then to Boondocks to play some put-put. The kids loved hitting the ball every now and then and throwing rocks in the water.


Tanner gave me lots of birthday loves!


Then we went home to open presents and eat my Super Moist Chocolate Bundt Cake. Aaron and the kids spoiled me as usual! He felt bad that I made my own cake, but I reassured him that it gave me the excuse to try this new recipe and use my new bundt pan that he gave me for Mother's Day. The recipe comes from my cousins' cooking blogs, My Kitchen Cafe and The Sister's Cafe. So delicious!

Thanks for all the gifts, phone calls and birthday wishes from all my family and friends. It was a wonderful day!

8 comments:

Kurt and Michelle said...

Missy-
I am so glad you had such a fun day, we wish we could have partied with you.

Tyanna said...

Happy Birthday Melissa!!
You look so great. We all need to get together soon and play games and Barbeque...like the good old days.
Can't believe that Tanner is 11 months--the time flies!

Naoma said...

Happy Birthday!!! Sounds like you had a great day. It is fun seeing what you guys are up to.

Barker Family said...

Happy Birthday!!! It sounds like you had a good day.

Melanie said...

Miss, your hair looks so cute. And I love Tanner's rosy cheeks while he is conked out in the stroller.

Happy Birthday! (And so glad you liked that cake...it is delish.)

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday!!! You sure as heck don't look a day older than 21. Glad you had a good time with your family, you guys look great! -Rachel Fry

Jeana Bird said...

Happy Birthday!

Dirk and Kim said...

Guess what? Some friend I am! Two days Late texting you for your B-day! Please forgive me:) It looks like you had a blast! Wish I was there to celebrate! Thanks for my birthday message! Love, Kim