Thursday, November 6, 2008

Snap, Crackle, Pop

I've always been sort of a Halloween Scrooge, but since we've had kids and since Del Sol always has a huge party and costume contest, I've started getting into it. This year we dressed the kids up as Snap, Crackle and Pop and used Rice Krispies boxes as their Halloween bags. To go along with the theme, Aaron made himself a milk costume out of boxes (and did a mighty fine job if I do say so myself), I dressed as a spoon and Tanner was a strawberry. It was a blast!







Aubrey
Brock

Carter


Tanner (not in his complete ensemble)
Thanks so much Grandma Laurie for the costumes and Grandma Hobson for the hats! They were a big hit! We're so glad you are both so creative and willing to help us with our crazy ideas! We love you!

7 comments:

K. Lou said...

Oh wow--how creative! What a cute idea! I love it--especially baby strawberry asleep--totally unaware of the hard work and preparation for the day. How fun!!!

Melanie said...

Wow! That is the most creative idea I have ever seen. I love it! I hope your family won first prize! Little Strawberry is adorable.

Jeana Bird said...

So you guys had the BEST costume ever. I always love seeing what you guys choose to be...it is like Christmas! I loved everything about the costumes! You are AMAZING!

Jaime said...

Great idea Melissa and you did a fabulous job on the costumes. I am very impressed. I wished those cute kids came to my house for candy!

Stephanie said...

Seriously what cute costumes!! You guys did a great job and should have taken home first prize.

Kimber said...

Now that IS creativity! I'm so impressed! Darling costumes and all of the people in them are too. So was there a contest and did you guys win?

Cindi said...

Hi, I am Ally's mom, and I just wandered over here to your blog for the first time...I have to say that I can't believe you didn't win first place in ALL categories this year...you guys are the reigning champs in my book!!! WOW!!! So clever and cute! Made me smile!!!