Friday, August 29, 2008

Mommy's Little Helpers

Yesterday morning, my kids were playing downstairs with their new smoothie makers that Grandma Laurie brought them, so I hurried upstairs to get Tanner some clean clothes and a bottle. As I walked down the stairs, I could see three sets of anxious, mischievous eyes watching me. I walked into the room and it was completely covered with baby wipes. My kids had emptied two full tubs of wipes and had been cleaning my walls, couches, toys etc. with them! After all this time, I still can't believe how quickly they can get into trouble! What one doesn't think of, the other one does! They were trying to help me clean my house ... how can you get upset about that?!?

Then this morning I told my kids we could go outside as soon as I got Tanner bathed and dressed. I told them to come upstairs and help me so we could hurry. I set Tanner on the floor in my room and started running his bath water. Carter came in a minute later and was telling me that Tanner was poopy. I heard him, but wasn't really paying attention to what he was telling me. I walked back into my room to find my baby completely naked with a poopy diaper lying next to him! Luckily I had set him on a blanket because it was soaking wet and covered in poop! Next time I'll be a little more specific when I ask them to come and help!

7 comments:

camille said...

I love it! You need a couple more eyes, a couple more hands, and a couple more feet to keep up with all of them!

K. Lou said...

I feel for you! It's always those times right as you are leaving for church that the blowouts happen. Or someone waits to spill something right after you finish mopping. Just keep swimming...swimming!

Stephanie said...

Geez I was hoping to see a picture of the poopy diaper on the floor next to Tanner! hahaha! What cute kids! Just a couple more years and you can really put them to work while you sit back with your feet up and eat bon bons! Oh how that would be.

The Hobson Clan said...

I would have loved to have taken a picture, but I was trying to limit the pee that getting all over the blanket, floor and Tanner's head! :-)

Chelsea said...

Ha! Girl I dont know how you do it all! Im glad you have such cute little helpers :)

Rane said...

ahhhh kids...they are smarter than we are i swear. funny!

Ally said...

That is a great couple of stories. You have such great helpers!